Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jejemon Fever


Have you encountered receiving a text message like this: “eOwZz PhOuzX, KmUsZxTa nAh PhOuZx?” Well then a Jejemon just texted you. Joyce, a Jejemon said, “Honestly, I don’t know that I’m already a Jejemon. I only found out that I’m one of them when my friend (a Jejemon) told me.” She thinks that the way they text is really cool and stylish.






JEJEMON FEVER
By Maria Angelica Mendoza 


     
The newest trending topic now that caught the attention the Filipino crowd recently is the idea of “Jejemon”




    Where does the word “Jejemon” really come from? It’s from the word “jeje” that’s how they type the laugh “hehe”, and from the word “mon” from Pokemon meaning monster, so jeje plus mon equals Jejemon. The Jejemon trend actually started around 3 - 4 years ago. The Jejemon language, started from hip-hops, hipsters and out-of-school youths.


    Have you encountered receiving a text message like this: “eOwZz PhOuzX, KmUsZxTa nAh PhOuZx?” Well then a Jejemon just texted you. Joyce, a Jejemon said, “Honestly, I don’t know that I’m already a Jejemon. I only found out that I’m one of them when my friend (a Jejemon) told me.” She thinks that the way they text is really cool and stylish.


     Jejemon’s have their own language which is called “Jejenish”,  their alphabet is called “Jejebet”, the way they dress is called “Jejeporm”, their certain picture pose is called “Jejepose”, and those who are against them are called “Jejebusters”. Also there are four level of being a Jejemon, Mild (Can still be understood), Moderate (Extra words are used like letters X and Z), Severe (Numbers are often used), and Terminal (WORST). “It’s alright with me if I can hear or watch negative comments about us. This is how we express ourselves and as long as we don’t harm anyone, I think its fine.” She said.


     It’s like a virus how Jejemon Fever spread on television, radio and especially in super highway. “People should just get over with the Jejemon trend, because it’s just a trend and eventually it will eventually fade,” Joyce said.

    

1 comment: