Thursday, August 19, 2010

Digital Drugs, is it true?

The Internet today is a trend to teens, that some of them use the Internet to get high... 









Digital Drugs, is it true?

By Crian Castillo


Teen i-Dosing. 
The Internet today is a trend to teens, that some of them use the Internet to get high.

This is called I-dosing; it’s a way of taking drugs or getting high, and they say it’s legal and safe, or so they thought.

A news segment abroad called News 9 currently reported this “digital drug”. News 9 says that it uses a “binaural” or a two-toned technology that messes up your brain waves that leads to ecstasy on the user.

All you need for taking this kind of drug is a computer, an mp3, and headphones. By visiting the site of I-doser.com they can purchase the audio drug and then download it. I-doser says that if you take the digital drug, you’ll get a close effect of marijuana, cocaine, opium and peyote.

I-dosers listen to these tracks while laying down flat and motionless. If they lay down not moving
they will feel the effect of the audio drug.

One of the I-dosing tracks includes, “Gates of Hades” that can be found on Youtube. Some teens post their own videos of themselves taking the digital drug, and it looks as if they are having a seizure.

Failing to interview a person who takes these digital drugs, I tried it myself. Out of curiosity, I listened to an I-dosing track which lasts for 30 minutes with my headphones on, eyes closed, and lying down motionless. After 30 minutes, I felt nothing but a huge headache after taking the digital drug and didn’t felt any kind of mental state of ecstasy.

After experimenting, I came to a conclusion that “digital drugs” doesn’t really work. My opinion, this kind of phenomenon that this should not be taken too seriously, because it’s just a theory, and it’s not true. 

1 comment: